Just as I was considering upgrades to the Supercaliber, A Bontrager RSL Handlebar/Stem was announced by Trek. And, it looks amazing. RSL (Race Shop Limited) is Bontrager’s premium line. The cockpit is constructed using an OCLV process. The integrated bar/stem is light and strong. It’s also available in a variety of sizes for however you ride.
While integrated cockpits have been around for a while in the road category, less so for mountains bikers. See the Hyperspark for a custom example. The RSL will fit any stem using the included chip or adaptor for Trek’s knock block headsets (stops the stem from whacking the top tube).
The one-piece carbon combo RSL is available now for $349.99.
Bontrager RSL Handlebar/Stem Product Details
- OCLV Carbon construction
- Compatibility with Knock Block and standard headset types (adapter included)
- Seamless accessory integration with Trek’s Blendr mounts (sold separately) for lights
- Shifter and brake lever position lines for spot-on control setup
- 40mm trim lines allow for a personalized fit
- Titanium hardware is lightweight and long-lasting
The RSL weighs between 214-250 grams. That saves weight from the aluminum stem, carbon bar the Supercaliber is set up with now. While not racing anymore, I do enjoy going fast and the looks of the bar.…