Trek’s all-new commuter lights were announced this morning. The lights are designed to not blind other cyclists with a technology they call Kindbeam. That’s a cutoff beam design that keeps the light on the path and out of the eyes of oncoming riders.
Trek’s all-new commuter light ships in two versions. The Commuter Pro RT and the Commuter Comp R.
The RT is the most featured packed and pairs with the Flare RT rear light for control and battery levels. The high beam is capable of a 1000 lumen output. It’ll also charge your phone with a USB-C port. Here’s a walkthrough. The combo pack of the Commuter Pro RT and Flare RT sells for $209.99.
The lower priced Commuter Comp R set ($109.99) also offers Kindbeam without the connectivity. If it’s within your budget, I’d suggest getting the Pro RT.
Trek’s All-New Commuter Lights Product details
- See and be-seen light set for everything you need to ride with lights every ride, day or night.
- Commuter Pro RT with Kindbeam keeps light on the ground ahead of you and out of oncoming riders’ eyes.
- Flare RT provides ultimate visibility for any road, city, or path
- Specifically designed focus, flash, and range flash patterns for daytime visibility for up to 2km.
- Commuter Pro modes: high 1000LM — 1.5hrs, low 500LM — 3hrs, day flash 300 LM — 12hrs
- Flare RT Flash modes: 90LM — 6hrs, 45LM — 12hrs, 5LM —
- 15hrs, Steady modes: 25LM — 4.5hrs, 5LM — 13.5hrs
- Blendr-compatible for integrated mounting on compatible Blendr stems, helmets, and helmet mounts
- USB-rechargeable with included USB-C and micro USB cable
We're riding townies, adventure, and mountain bikes. Find recommendations on our store page. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.