Spending more time in the North Cascades and Methow Valley, we need a satellite communicator for off-grid rides. For the reason that riding out of cell service has its share of dangers. In addition, we have no communication on our property there.
The Somewear pairs with devices to provide global 2way text. Likewise, users can also location share and get weather updates. Including, GEOS Worldwide SOS services.
It’s a satellite hotspot.
Most noteworthy, the Satellite Communicator for Off-Grid Rides is super easy to use.
- Turn on the Somewear unit.
- Open the Somewear app on your phone.
- Begin communicating.
Somewear will transmit up 1k text messages on a single charge. Even then, it features the most affordable Iridium satellite data plans on the market.
Even without cell phone pairing Somewear is a standalone SOS beacon. It can be easily tucked away in a jersey pocket or hydration pack. My mind is more at ease in the country knowing I can stay in touch as needed.
Because Satellite communication has long been thought of as clunky and slow, Somewear has created a seamless satcom experience.
To launch the product, Somewear starting with the digital essentials of communication. Then added navigation to ensure loved ones are informed. Consequently, people know where we are no matter where our adventures take us.
Somewear Satellite Communicator for Off-Grid Rides Specs
- MSRP: $350 w/option of four affordable data plans.
- Even more global coverage.
- GEOS International Emergency Response Coordination Center.
- Dimensions: 21.5 x 91.25 x 80 (mm) .85 x 3.6 x 3.0 (inches).
- Weight: 4oz.
- Submersible to 1m for up to 30min due to waterproof rating IPx7.
- Shock-resistant composite plastic.
- Battery: LiPo, 1K messages on single charge, microUSB recharge port.
- 2-way text messaging (SMS, email).
- Mobile Device Compatibility.
- Location Sharing, User Tracking.
- Receive Weather Reports, Local Alerts.
- Download Local Maps for True GPS-enabled Navigation.