Elite’s newest hometrainer is solid, powerful and accurate. The Elite Suito Direct-Drive Trainer is also super simple to set up. It ships fully assembled, right out of the box. The Suito features a pre-installed Shimano 11-speed cassette and Elite claims you can start your workout in less than five minutes.
The optimized design ensures compatibility with various bikes and sprocket sets on the market. The steel body provides stability for the most intense sprints. If you’re watching Le Tour, the Elite Suito Direct-Drive Trainer was shown during Stage 13.
The Suito simulates up to 15% slope with a +/- 2.5% accuracy. Additionally, Elite offers a 1-month free subscription to Zwift and a 12-month free subscription to My E-Training. Once connected and a route picked, the Suito will automatically adjust resistance.
The reason setup is so fast with this trainer is it immediately sends power, speed and cadence data, without any adjustments. Meaning, the sensors are internal. Most importantly, the trainer is quiet because of a perfectly-balanced flywheel. Chain noise is the only thing you’ll hear, behinds yourself breathing hard. And, that’s only when you switch gears.
When it ships in mid-September, the Suito will cost $799. The Elite Direto 2 is available now from Amazon.com and a retailer near you.
Elite Suito Direct-Drive Trainer Specs
- DIMENSIONS OPEN (LXPXH): 760 x 560 x 495 mm / 29,92”x22,04”x19,48”.
- DIMENSIONS FOLDED: 560 x 150 x 495 mm / 22,04”x5,90”x19,48”.
- WEIGHT: 14,5 Kg / 31,96 lb.
- MAX POWER: 1900 W (40 km/h) – 2900 W (60km/h).
- CONTROL VIA: Smartphone, tablet, bike computer, sportswatches, Windows and Mac. Computer ANT+TM and/or Bluetooth.
- COMPATIBLE WITH: My E-Training software & app Zwift, Trainer Road, Bikevo, Kinomap, The Sufferfest and more.
- FLYWHEEL: 3,5 kg.
- BIKE COMPATIBILITY: Race bike, Mountain bike and city bike, also carbon ones, with 130×135 x 5mm hubs and with quick clamping system and 142×12 mm with thru-axle (ad adapter is available for Boost 148×12 mm rear hubs).
My daily shooter is Sony a9 with a vertical grip and various Sigma lenses attached like the 14mm 1.4 Art. Find more recommendations on our store page. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.