Sony’s compact, powerful RX100 VII launches with flagship-level speed and AF performance on par with professional models. In other words, you can get the features of a DSLR in a jersey pocket. And, for less than 1/2 the cost of a full-frame model. The RX100 is the model I recommend the most to friends when asked what’s the best camera for cyclists. Well, that and the RXO.
Powerful RX100 VII Launches
The specs are impressive.
- Newly developed 1.0-type stacked 20.1 MP Exmor RS™ CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip and latest-generation BIONZ X™ image processor
- Alpha 9 level speed performance with up to 60 AF/AE calculations per second and 20fps blackout-free shooting with AF/AE tracking
- World-leading 357-point focal-plane phase-detection AF + 425-point contrast-detection AF with world’s fastestv 0.02 sec focus acquisition speed
- Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF for humans and animals
- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm F2.8 – F4.5 Large Aperture High Magnification Zoom Lens
- New Single Burst Shooting Drive Mode at up to 90fps speed
- Pro-level movie functionality including 4K HDR (HLG), Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF for movie shooting, 4K Active SteadyShot™, Vertical-position data recording for movies and integrated microphone jack.
The RX100 VII utilizes technologies that were previously available only in the a9 and it achieves new levels of performance for a compact camera. Driving the performance is a newly developed 1.0-type stacked 20.1 MP Exmor RS CMOS image sensor. The imaging pipeline means the camera performs AF/AE calculations up to 60 times. It’ll capture at 20 FPS with no blackout. The burst mode captures at 90 FPS for your epic descent or jump.
Pricing and Availability
The RX100 VII compact camera will ship in August 2019 for approximately $1,200 US. The RX100 VII Shooting Grip Kit (same as the RX0) will be available later in 2019 for approximately $1,300 US. The LCJ-RXK jacket case will ship in August 2019 for approximately $85 US.
Find photos taken with the RX100 VII on Sony.com and we’ll get one to demo and take on a ride soon enough. Preorder the RX100 VII from B&H. The previous edition is bundled now on Amazon with a ton of accessories for $1299.…