As if the crossover from bikes to cameras isn’t interesting enough (for me) the Light and Motion Vya Switch is the most innovate bike light I’ve used this year. During a trip with Sony this summer, I tried out a set and have used them on my townie ever since.
The killer feature is motion activation. That’s a feature so obvious, why don’t more lights offer it? I don’t know, but it means that you charge the light, attach it to your bike, and it’s stop/starting just like your computer does.
Pretty cool, huh? Yep. I also appreciate the minimalist design aesthetic, it looks futuristic like it could light up a spaceship too.
If you’re shopping for the cyclists that has everything, if they don’t have this, I bet they’ll like it as much as I do. Get the combo for $
99 $39 on Amazon.
Light and Motion Vya Switch Features
- 150 Lumen Output with variable SafePulse beam pattern optimized for day and night visibility
- Smart technology senses motion and automatically turns Vya on when inserted into mount and will remain on, even when a rider pauses at stoplight
- Auto-off when bike is parked or light is removed from mount
- SafePulse beam pattern scientifically designed to enhance a driver’s ability to judge the cyclist’s distance and direction of travel without the risks associated with flashing lights
- Premium Cree LED can be seen over 1KM in daylight
- 10 hour runtime perfect for those that want safety light that doesn’t need to be recharged everyday
- Versatile mounting design can be secured to a range of handlebars, optional GoPro mount interface for unlimited mounting options
- USB Mount Receptor allows light to be securely mounted or removed from bike in seconds with a simple, secure 1/4 turn lock; light will not turn on when removed from mount
- Direct USB charging without cables fully charges in 2 hours
- Made with bio-renewable material waterproof to 1 meter (when inserted in mount) for all-conditions reliability (IP67 Rated)
|Runtime||600 min (SafePulse)|
|Beam Angle||30° (flood)|
|Charge Time||120 min|
|IP Rating (FL-1)||67|
|Depth Rating (FL-1)||1 meter(s)|
|Impact Resistance (FL-1)||1 meter|
|Product Weight||30 grams|
|Product Dimensions||2.6″ x 1.3″ x 0.8″|
|Compatible Mounts||Bar, GoPro|
My daily shooter is Sony a9 II with a vertical grip and various Sigma lenses attached like the 14mm 1.4 Art. Find more recommendations on our store page. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.