What I’ve learned in this early winter, is the Bolle Lightshifter are all seasons ready. As per tradition, I rode an autumn day wearing my Exteondo softshell.
Gearheads know the Spanish brand. It’s the original Gore softshell that didn’t catch on with the US markets. The killer feature is front pockets. After that, I’ll ride the Gore gear you can buy today, like the Infinium line.
I was also wearing my Bolle Lightshifters. These Bollés have replaced my Smiths and do everything well in all conditions. They pop colors and are light adaptive with good coverage and airflow.
In other words, it was very cold, I was descending at a decent pace and my eyes weren’t watering. Bolle’s photo chromatic tech changes so fast, I don’t even notice the transition. Just that I have high quality eyewear on.
In the summer, they didn’t fog on climbs either. Buy the Bolle’s at a shop near you or from Amazon for $168.00.
Bolle Lightshields All Seasons Riding Specs
- Weight: 41g
- Available in prescription
- Adjustable nosepiece
- Anti-fog treatment P80+
- Adjustable temples
- Anti-scratch treatment
- Oleophobic treatment
- NXT® photochromic lens
- Optical Clarity equal to that of a glass lens.
- Photochromic Performance, which means they adapt to your light conditions ensuring precise visual acuity in all weather conditions,
- High Contrast Filter which boots colors and enhances your vision so you can quickly spot any upfront obstacles.
- Lightweight – Made with NXT, Phantom is considered to be the lightest material available and is 14 percent lighter than polycarbonate allowing for larger designs with fuller coverage, ultimate protection and unmatched comfort.
- High Impact Resistance – Phantom lenses are ideal for sport specific uses because they not only offer protection against harmful UV rays, but their NXT material is one of the strongest materials available on the market.
- Phantom + – For high glare environments, like on the snow or water, there’s Phantom + which features a semi-polarized filter. So while it blocks reflective light, you can still have a read on the terrain ahead.
- Phantom lens meet Platinum requirements – Platinum is a permanent coating that provides a high scratch resistance and delays fogging beyond the minimum required standards.