The Better with Bikes Podcast launched last week. It’s Trek’s first branded podcast. Though all episodes circle around the theme of cycling, each episode delivers a unique experience. Meaning, there’s a hidden gem of information for every listener, whether they are avid riders or not. The last cycling related podcast I heard was about a bikepacker rescue in Oregon.
Better with Bikes showcases how people from different backgrounds and experiences are using the shared passion of cycling to make a difference, but you don’t have to be an avid rider to find something interesting within each episode.
I appreciate the generally entertaining approach.
In an episode, Trek Vice President, Mark Joslyn sits down with a football and baseball All-Star that turned to cycling in 2011 as a way to help pull his community together. Another episode takes a different perspective, diving into the background of a former Trek team member and how his unconventional childhood in East Germany ultimately impacted his future cycling career.
Topics including diversity, equality and eco-sustainability are also among the conversations had that provide insight into the ways cycling is impacting riders, and riders are working to help make a change within the sport in turn.
Trek’s Better with Bikes Podcast Episodes
The full list of interviewees at launch include:
- Trek–Segafredo team general manager Luca Guercilena and rider Toms Skujiņš
- NFL legend and cycling enthusiast Brett Favre
- Black Girls Do Bike founder Monica Garrison
- Return to Earth cinematographers Colin Jones and Matt Butterworth
- Trek Factory Mountain Bike racer Ellen Noble and Trek Race Shop manager Scott Daubert
- Former road racer, NBC sports commentator, and author Jens Voigt
- Bureo founder David Stover
- Baseball and football All-Star Bo Jackson
New episodes of the podcast will be released regularly, and accompanying blog posts can be viewed on the Trek Blog.…
My daily shooter is Sony a9 with a vertical grip and various Sigma lenses attached like the 14mm 1.4 Art. Find more recommendations on our store page. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.