Last year’s Paris-Roubaix was one of the greatest because it ended in a sprint. The winner Hayman’s return from a broken radius to podium at the biggest one-day race in the world was inspired and what Hell of the North allure is about.
This year Hayman will start with the number one on his back and to repeat history. Cameras followed Matt during his recon and he shares his love for the race and what he thinks about his new personalized SCOTT Foil.
The Foil RC
From SCOTT’s PR
While many aero bikes earn a reputation for being overly stiff and harsh — SCOTT’s Foil proves that aero, pedaling efficiency, and compliance can work very well together. In Paris-Roubaix, where the average speed is usually over 44km/h the aerodynamic advantage of the Foil might even have been the tip on the scale to win the most prestigious one-day race in the world.
- Frameset: SCOTT Foil RC XL
- Stem: Integrated SCOTT Foil 130mm – 6°
- Handlebar: Syncros Compact 40
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace direct-mount
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace direct-mount
- Brake levers: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2
- Crankset: SRM Shimano 11-speed, 53/44T
- Pedals: Shimano 9000 Dura-Ace
- Wheelset: Shimano C-35 tubular
- Tubulars: Continental Competition Pro LTD, 28mm
- Saddle: Syncros RR STD wide
- Seatpost: Syncros Foil
- Computer: SRM Power Control 8 (not pictured)
I’ve ridden the Foil and told a story about it in our magazine and on Medium. And, described the ride
In a sweet spot of leeward and windward, a tail and head wind, the bike sliced through the front pressure with lift from the rear.
We're riding townies, adventure, and mountain bikes. Find recommendations on our store page. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.