I found the Topeak pressure gauge an essential tool on my workbench. When I was spending more time riding road and with skinnier tires, I pretty much knew what the tire pressure was by feel. Running above 80, you know when there’s been a pressure drop. Now running as low as 11 PSI, I can’t tell anymore by feel what the exact pressure is.
I use the Topeak pressure gauge for my gravel and MTB tires.
The Topeak ($65 on Amazon) is easy-to-read and will attach to a pump or alone and provides accurate pressure readings up to 300psi / 20.7bar. The rotating head works with Presta, Schrader or Dunlop. The air release button allows fine tuning pressure.
Read more about the various pressure gauges Topeak offers on their site. I use the shuttle style (inline with pump) and SmartGuage. The latter has been a best seller in the Topeak line for many years.
- Pump Head: Presta / Schrader pumps
- Compatibility: Presta / Schrader / Dunlop valves
- Unit: psi, bar, kg / cm2
- Material: Aluminum / Aluminum / Engineering grade polymer
- Rotatable head / gauge, Auto-off function
- Size: 9.2 x 5.8 x 4.3 cm / 3.6” x 2.3” x 1.7”
- Weight: 102g / 3.6oz