Warm, waterproof comfort and with winter traction that flat pedals grip onto, the Oboz Big Skys are my new favorite wet commute boot. They’re stylish enough to wear to a meeting as well. And, they haven’t soaked through even on the wettest ride downtown. When it snows, I’ll take them snowboarding as well.
I suggested they add an SPD shank and open up new markets for the Big Skys. They’re not too hot with 200 grams of insulation either—I wore thin socks on a balmy day and was comfortable
The slip on and off easy and for the winter will replace my Blundstones. The video below explains how ready they are for winter.
- Waterproof: Three core components make up our B-DRY waterproof system starting with our proprietary tape-sealed polyurethane film bootie. Hydrophobic upper materials keep the shoe watertight while our textile lining wicks sweat away.
- Insulation: To keep you warm when temps plummet, we rely on 200 gram 3M Thinsulate insulation’s fine microfibers to trap air molecules between you and the outside, creating insulation and warmth no other insulator can.
- Volume: Medium-High volume feet tend to be wider with higher arches and insteps.
- Width: Men’s standard width is C in the heel and D in the forefoot (according to Brannock Device®). Patterns and materials in a given model may influence fit. We always recommend trying our footwear on to ensure the best possible fit.
- Upper Material: Oiled top grain leather, 200 gram 3M™ Thinsulate™ insulation, Oboz B-DRY waterproof/breathable membrane, Molded rubber toe cap and heel kick.
- Outsole: Granite Peak with Winterized Rubber — A toothy outsole made for winter trails. Featuring winterized rubber specifically formulated to be softer and grip in cold climate conditions. Flat pedals dig right in.
- Midsole: Dual density EVA, TPU chassis, Nylon shank
- Weight: M9: 21.5 oz / 610 g
Find the Oboz direct for $165, at a retailer near you, or from Amazon.