The roots of 100% date back to the early 1980’s, when the popular logo graced the jerseys of the biggest stars in motocross. And, now the brand is back with Peter Sagan representing the cycling line.
He’s wearing 100% eyewear in this edit, the Speedtraps and racing with them in the season opener, the Tour Down Under.
To be the World Champion three consecutive times, it requires countless hours in the saddle. These hours can be calm, they can be vigorous, but being able to continuously run the rainbow striped jersey makes it all worth it. With a very short off-season, Peter had limited time to get fully recovered and then right back in race shape. Peter enjoys making the trip out to the deserts of California each year in order to get the training he needs. In order to be ready, the Slovakian superstar puts his head down and makes the most of every minute under the sun.
During the off-season, Peter has been actively testing 100% products for 2018. He’s worked closely with the their research and development team to introduce an entirely new line of eyewear & revolutionary, performance enhancing technology to cycling.
There’s much competition in the eyewear market with established brands, but 100% is coming in with a big star and strong marketing. As soon as they send me a demo pair, I’ll tell you what I think.
My first impressions are they look snazzy, retro 80s, like the old Brikos.
Sort of like these ones and that’s a good thing.
SpeedTraps feature a six base single lens shield that increases peripheral vision and protection. The lens follows the natural contours of your eye for enhanced vision and clarity with cooling vents and three-way adjustable temple arms for fit.
- Ligthweight high impact Polycarbonate; 6 base vented spherical shield
- New quick release lens system
- 100% UV protection
- Grimalid TR90 frame is custom molded to increase strength
- Three way adjustable temple tips providing a secure comfortable fit
- Thermoplastic elastomer nose and temple pads help provide all day comfort
- Lens features scratch resistant coating and “HYDROILO” treatment to repel oil and water
- Kit includes: Sport case, micro bag, spare replacement lens