Riding around taking photos in Lisbon this week. And, thought you should know that Pure Cycles introduced two new steel bikes and a gravel one. All three are budget priced. The Gravel Apex, Prestige Road, and Pro Road all cost under $2K for a complete bike. Pure and companies like them are offering much value for the spend in bikes. These aren’t the best adventure bike you can buy, but they cost less than half of the high-performance models.
Gravel Apex Road
- 650B compatible for monster tires
- Gravel-ready geometry
- Disc brakes
- Tange Prestige Chromoly mainframe and a carbon fork for a light, comfortable ride.
- 3T Pro Cockpit
- Full Shimano Ultegra 8000
- Hutchinson Epsilon tires for a race-ready ride.
- Mercury S2C Alloy Wheels
- Chromoly mainframe and fork for a light, comfortable ride.
- Drop bars give you a more options for hand and body positioning.
- Compact dual-chainring for tackling tough climbs.
- Sunrace cassette and Shimano derailleur to deliver 16 comp-ready speeds.
- Hutchinson Nitro II tires for a smooth roll and super responsive handling.
- Rack and fender compatible so you can haul it all and keep yourself dry.
My daily shooter is Sony a9 II with a vertical grip and various Sigma lenses attached like the 14mm 1.4 Art. Find more recommendations on our store page. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.