Readers pointed out recent bikes & coffee posts from the blogopshere – bulleted below – and that reminded me to post on my new fav coffee shop. It’s Hotwire in West Seattle. The owner has got the blend down with a rich earthiness, a slight sweetness, and no bitterness. She also hand pours, unlike Starbucks. Robot pouring is about the worse thing you can do with espresso and I think led to the downfall of Starbucks. Anyway, back on topic, here are a collection of posts on coffee and a photo titled love grinds.
That’s an espresso cup that came out of the dishwasher just like that, with grinds settled in the bottom of the cup, in the shape of a heart.
From the Sphere
- The Love Affair of Bicycles and Coffee – observations of loving coffee from Metfilter
- Bicycle Pump with an Espresso Machine – I don’t know if Cory Doctorow understands how much pressure 16 bars is, but I’d wear safety glasses, gloves, and one of those welders jackets the first time I tried that device.
- Bike part coffee table – we always dig reusing bike parts.
- Vegas Coffee Run – Sexpresso in Vegas
- Morning coffee with Bettie – Bettie is perfect for coffee runs.
- This is NOT Starbucks – Jet lagged, a stranger in a strange land, and I thought for a while that this was Starbucks.
Also see Bicycle Coffee Systems.…
We're riding townies, adventure, and mountain bikes. Find recommendations on our store page. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.