Readers pointed out recent bikes & coffee posts from the blogopshere – bulleted below – and that reminded me to post on my new fav coffee shop. It’s Hotwire in West Seattle. The owner has got the blend down with a rich earthiness, a slight sweetness, and no bitterness. She also hand pours, unlike Starbucks. Robot pouring is about the worse thing you can do with espresso and I think led to the downfall of Starbucks. Anyway, back on topic, here are a collection of posts on coffee and a photo titled love grinds.
That’s an espresso cup that came out of the dishwasher just like that, with grinds settled in the bottom of the cup, in the shape of a heart.
From the Sphere
- The Love Affair of Bicycles and Coffee – observations of loving coffee from Metfilter
- Bicycle Pump with an Espresso Machine – I don’t know if Cory Doctorow understands how much pressure 16 bars is, but I’d wear safety glasses, gloves, and one of those welders jackets the first time I tried that device.
- Bike part coffee table – we always dig reusing bike parts.
- Vegas Coffee Run – Sexpresso in Vegas
- Morning coffee with Bettie – Bettie is perfect for coffee runs.
- This is NOT Starbucks – Jet lagged, a stranger in a strange land, and I thought for a while that this was Starbucks.
Also see Bicycle Coffee Systems.…
My daily shooter is Sony a9 with a vertical grip and various Sigma lenses attached like the 14mm 1.4 Art. Find more recommendations on our store page. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.