Bontrager has updated its daytime running light selection with a smaller, more powerful set that has a longer battery life and added functionality. The updated Flare RT is 36% smaller and 30% more powerful. The new Ion 200 RT packs the same technology into a 200 Lumen front bike light.
Both lights are USB rechargeable, include easy-to-mount brackets, and feature a distinctive flash setting that is visible from up to 2 km away. ANT+ tech is included to control the lights with a Garmin or other devices.
Just over 2 years ago, Bontrager launched DRLs, and a set is attached to my daily whip. Why city bikes don’t ship with them built in is another topic, but Bontrager’s work well because of the research that went into their design.
The research project with Clemson University showed that the best thing a rider can do to be more visible on the road is to ride with a flashing light. Studies have shown a 270% increase in driver recognition of a cyclist with a flashing rear light compared to without. An additional study showed a 33% decrease in accidents for cyclists equipped with daytime running lights.
- Specifically designed focus, flash, and range for ultimate daytime visibility
- Flare RT provides ultimate visibility for any road, city, or path
- Ion 200 RT provides 200 Lumens of visibility via high-power
- CREE LED bulbs
- Integrated light sensor auto-adjusts brightness to your environment
- Connect with Garmin® and Bontrager ANT+ devices for always on, battery status, and wireless control
- Easily attaches to your handlebars, helmet, or bike mount
- Includes Ion 200 RT, Flare RT, Quick Connect Mounts, and mini USB charging cable
The Ion 200 RT / Flare RT Light set retails for $114.99 and is available at a Trek dealer near you.…
My daily shooter is Sony a9 II with a vertical grip and various Sigma lenses attached like the 14mm 1.4 Art. Find more recommendations on our store page. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.