It’s been 25 years of Chrome Industries. Yep, the legendary streetwear and bag maker Chrome Industries is turning 25 this year. And, they’re releasing some new colorways of their iconic Citizen messenger bag to celebrate. Renowned for its durability and style, the Citizen is also famous for its signature belt buckle strap closure.
I’ve owned at least two Citizens and the biggest bag they make, the Warsaw.
There’s no doubt Chrome played a big part in the rise of messenger and urban cycling culture in the 90’s and 2000′. Marketing their anniversary or not, it’s awesome they’ve grown as much as they have while staying (mostly) true to their roots.
It’s a testament to their design principles that their most enduringly popular bag is essentially unchanged over two and a half decades.
25 Years of Chrome Industries Colorways
- Old School – Original messenger colors from the 90’s, but with new bag smell.
- Glitter – Like the old school banana seats and bike frames we rode as kids.
- Checkered Flag – It’s all about taking the flag … Every day.
- Neon Splatter – Like space, when you’re spaced. If you have to ask…
And, the Citizen highlights
- The original messenger bag with iconic buckle
- Quick-release buckle with bottle opener
- Easier to use with heavy loads
- Ergonomic shoulder strap w/stabilizing strap
- Reflective compression straps to secure cargo
- Weatherproof tarp liner with durable nylon shell
- MSRP $140
Find more Chrome online. Not only do that still make the Citizen, but the Warsaw too $240 on Amazon. That’s my lots-of-gear bag. You could live in that bag.…
We're riding townies, adventure, and mountain bikes. Find recommendations on our store page. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.