Today, Sioeye is releasing an unlocked 4G LTE action camera that connects directly to the internet to stream video instantaneously. Using the Sioeye Social Apps, people can view and interact with broadcasts, as they unfold. To which we say, “Holy dataplans batman!” The video, filmed in Seattle’s I-5 Colonnade Mountain Bike Park, is a vignette demonstrating how Sioeye’s connected device, live streaming service, and interactive mobile apps work together to bring viewers into the action, right as it unfolds. It features POV footage filmed on the Sioeye Iris4G by the dirt jumper who rode the course.
While welcoming competition in the action cam market and live streaming, that’s a lot of overhead to manage in the cloud vs. allowing the camera to connect to AWS or the cloud of your choice, even an API.
- Built-in integration with the Sioeye Cloud™ live streaming service
- High performance six glass lens camera module with protective coating
- Configurable 150 degree field of view
- F2.8 aperture with image circle of 8.0mm for better low light recording and enhanced video and photo quality
- Integrated 2.0” LCD touchscreen
- Barometer, GPS, and Altimeter experience sensors
- 4G LTE/3G/Wi-Fi connectivity (removable SIM)
- Live streaming data usage is .33 GB per hour
- Automated network optimization and video quality switching
- 480p live broadcast with optional simultaneous 1080p HD recording
- 1GB onboard storage and optional MicroSD card up to 64GB
- High definition video recording of 4K & 2K at 30fps as well as super slow motion capabilities with 1080p at 30 & 60fps and 720p @120fps and more
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion battery with up to 2hrs record, 1hr live stream
- Selectable modes for 18/12/8MP still images, time lapse videos, and slow motion videos
- iOS and Android smart remote control via the Sioeye apps
- Rugged protective case (waterproof down to 197’) with specialized button-controlled user interface
MSRP is $499.00 and is available directly. Coinciding with the launch today, March 15, Sioeye is broadcasting live from its Seattle headquarters at 1:00 p.m. PDT. To participate in the live broadcast, download the free Sioeye Social App, and follow “SioeyeMedia.”…
We're riding townies, adventure, and mountain bikes. Find recommendations on our store page. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.