This week, Everysight started shipping their Raptor AR Smartglasses. The Raptors are intended to enhance performance by using augmented reality with the real-time data: heart rate, cadence, speed, power, distance and maps.
Available direct from Everysight, the US pricing is $649.00.
Last year I tried out the Raptors (also tried Google glass) and was impressed with the resolution. The tech is similar to the heads-up displays fighter jet pilots use. The Raptors also record your ride. I have a pair of the shipping version and will try them out later this month with a post to follow.
Christian Van Velde wore them riding the last few hundred meters near the summit of Col Du Portillon, Stage 16 of the TDF, 2018.
The Raptors aren’t for the cyclist looking to disconnect, but do offer an impressive feature list that keeps your eyes on the road instead of looking down at the computer on your stem.
Raptor AR Smartglasses Features
- Displaying What Matters in Real Time — Patented BEAM™ Technology and ANT+/BT connectivity mean that Raptor overlays sharp, high-resolution, yet semi-transparent, information such as heart rate, cadence, speed, power, distance and more, out in front of riders at all times.
- Delivering Navigation — Built-in GPS/GLONASS and the Raptor navigation display mean riders will never miss a turn while moving.
Maximizing Safety — It is safer to view a semi-transparent display of the data projected in the visor than to look down, away from the road, at a cycling computer while in the paceline, on a technical riding section, or while riding to work through traffic.Raptor Speaker allows riders to listen to music or receive phone calls without covering the ears.
- Staying Connected — Bluetooth connectivity allows Raptor to deliver phone notifications while on the go, so riders will never miss an important message or have to search for their phone in their back pocket while riding.
- HD Camera — A built-in look-and-shoot HD camera with voice and data overlay enable riders to capture the essence of their cycling experience, whether that’s on a training ride, a joy ride, or a race. All images and videos can be shared with friends, followers, or coaches through any social media channel post ride.
- Ride Time — Everysight’s BEAM™ Technology minimizes power consumption allowing riders to enjoy up to 8 hours without having to recharge.
- Easy Function Control — Rides can use voice commands or simply swipe and tap the touchpad located on the right temple of the Raptor to alter their view, control maps, volume, brightness, data screens and more.
- Companion App — All captured information (heart rate, cadence, speed, power, etc.) uploads to Raptor’s companion app (Android and iOS), and can be shared through social media channels or synced to popular third-party fitness and cycling apps.
Raptor AR Smartglasses Accessories
Raptor will also come with a selection of accessories.
- Handlebar Control System: A handlebar controller ($59 USD & GBP/69 EUR/79 CAD) will allow riders to control all Raptor functions with their thumb or finger.
- RX Frames: Riders with prescription lenses will have the option to purchase RX frames for $29 USD & GBP/35 EUR/39 CAD (prescriptions must be filled by optometrist).
- Tinted Visors: Everysight will offer dark and light-tinted visors for different riding conditions ($79 USD & GBP/89 EUR/109 CAD).
My daily shooter is Sony a9 II with a vertical grip and various Sigma lenses attached like the 14mm 1.4 Art. Find more recommendations on our store page. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.