During our meeting at PressCamp, I asked the founder of Pivot what the intent of his designs are, what are these bikes about
He replied, “Perfecting the balance per category.” After a few rides around the Park City resort that combined flow with trail, Chris Cocalis has achieved his goals. I’m sure he’s not done yet either with another iteration in mind.
It was a few PressCamps ago that Pivot launched with a di2 mountain bike and clever port system. To me, Pivots are like my favorite high-end road bikes, tunedand balanced. The other thing Pivot does is offer a wide range of sizes and options for their riders. I don’t pin a number on anymore and enjoy riding Pivots on the trail, but they’re for racing too, pretty much anything you want. As Chris also told me, “Not only does the Mach 4 Carbon shine at the highest competitive levels, it is also the most capable XC trail bike you can get.”
And, new for 2018 is a fully redesigned rear triangle with increased stiffness and more tire clearance as well as Boost 148 rear hub spacing. Riders can choose between a trail-ready build with 130mm travel Fox 34, Maxxis Ardent 2.35 tires and 740mm wide riser bars with shorter stems or a competition ready machine with Fox 32 Step Cast fork, fast rolling Maxxis IKON 2.2” tires and a Phoenix Team Flat Carbon handlebar.
Mach 4 Specs
- 115mm travel dw-link® suspension with race and trail tuning
- Full carbon frame featuring Pivot exclusive hollow box internal molding technology
- 27.5″ wheels
- Fits tires up to 2.6”
- Available in either trail-oriented or XC racing-focused complete bike builds
- Boost 148mm rear hub spacing
- XS, S, M, L & L(long) sizing, with our X-small featuring the lowest stand-over clearance of any 27.5″ suspension bike made
- Full length internal cable routing, and Shimano Di2 compatible with Pivot’s exclusive cable port system
- Dropper post compatible with internal routing
- Enduro Max cartridge bearings
- Custom tuned Fox Float DPS Kashima rear shock
- Frame weight from 5.1lbs (2.3kg)
- Complete bike weights starting under 22lbs (10kg)
- 2 sets of bottle cage mounts
- Ultra-quiet, low durometer rubberized frame protection
Pricing varies per build.