The OtterBox Cooler promises to keep food and beverages cold for 14 days. Customer reviews and from other outlets back their claims up. We’re spending more time riding in the Methow Valley and where we go the only refrigerant is ice.
The Venture 45 is also bear-resistant. It ships with a dry box and has an assortment of accessories, like a wheeled caddy and separator. The best part is a bottle of rose´ fits in the cooler standing up. A stack of tallboy beers too.
Built to last, the OtterBox cooler is injected molded rather than rotomolded, which results in an incredibly durable product. The inside of the cooler is surrounded by 2-inch refrigeration grade foam. You can find it on Amazon for $349 and direct with free shipping for $299.
OtterBox Cooler Features
The OtterBox is very well designed with features like a slant to drain. The heavy-duty latches drop down and out of the way for easy use. Our cooler, the 45 square version, shipped with the side table, bottler opener, and separator.
- Injection Molded
- Mounting system: attach accessories for every adventure
- Tough latches: lock in contents, keep critters out and drop down out of the way
- Anti-slide rubber feet
- Durable integrated handles
- Slanted interior bottom: slight angle makes for easy draining
- Nesting grooves: cutting board and storage tray rest on inner rim even when fully loaded
- Capacity: inside capacity is exactly 25 quarts, 45 quarts, and 65 quarts
The materials are:
- Polypropylene inside and outside shells
- Silicone seal and latches
- Polycarbonate/ABS latches
- Nylon drain plug
- Two-part polyurethane insulation
- Stainless steel pins
- TPE feet
For our next trip, the steps to ensure maximum cooling are to pre-cool the Venture 45 with ice blocks (dry ice too), close the lid and place it in a shaded area for 24 hours. Then, pack the cooler with food and beverages, topping with ice. After that, we’ll follow a 2:1 ice to food/beverage ratio and keep the cooler in the shade. At the end of a long ride, back at camp, we’ll know our beverages are cold.…