I don’t usually post on bicycle-related Black Friday sales, with pretty much every brand having one and for a week now, but GoPro just sent out their press release.
It’s the first sale I’ve seen from them and on the HERO6, HERO5, and Karma.
Starting Monday, the HERO6 Black is $50.00 off and tonight at 9 PM PST, the HERO5 Black is $50 off and comes bundled with a 32GB SD card, rechargeable battery and a gift bag.
The Karma + HERO6 Bundle is $200 off now.
Here’s video from the launch and my colleagues at HD Video Pro attended it in September.
- Powered by GoPro’s Custom-Designed GP1 Processor
- 4K60 and 1080p240 Video
- QuikStories Enabled, GoPro App Compatible
- Most Advanced Stabilizationof any HERO camera
- All-New Touch Zoom
- 3x Faster Offload Speeds via 5GHz Wi-Fi
- Waterproof to 33 Feet (10m)
- Compatible with Karma and Existing GoPro Mounts
- Improved Dynamic Range and Low-Light Performance
- RAW and HDR Photo Modes
- Voice Control in 10 Languages
- GPS, Accelerometer and Gyroscope
- WiFi + Bluetooth
It’s worth noting, I was skeptical of the first-generation GoPro, had one in 2009 and I can confirm, the latest versions are WAY BETTER.
At the time, I thought it was crap, and saw no market for a cube camera. Now that I think of it, the founder probably sent it to me.
Here’s the video.
Good thing you didn’t listen to me and GoPro went onto fame and fortune. Of particular interesting now is the Fusion offering spherical media and breakthrough software to match.
I’ve got one of those coming in on demo and the HERO6 just arrived.
I’ll get to the 6 after the holiday; maybe even recreate the ride from above.
I’m still riding those routes.