Our stay at Hotel Moli del Mig near Girona Spain was more than we expected. From the friendly staff, roads, food and modernist remodel, it’s a new destination for cyclists and only a few had ridden the roads. It was also how we’d approach a cyclo-tourism hotel, nearly exactly. Notes
- Open less than a year, the “middle mill” was restored from a 400 yr old water mill.
- Cycle tourism is new to the area – treking has been around and actively promoted by the tourism board.
- From the lighting to the background music. furnishings, and more, much attention to “modernists” details occured in the renovation.
- Welcoming people, roads, and almost no one here – it’s off season and about 70 degrees.
- Most people spoke some english and we’re happy to accommodate us with our phrase book in hand. The language here is Catalan, but they also speak Spanish.
My daily shooter is Sony a9 II with a vertical grip and various Sigma lenses attached like the 14mm 1.4 Art. Find more recommendations on our store page. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.