We could post for a month about Interbike 07, the Industry Cup, and the Hugga Hookup, but I’ll highlight a few topics, produce several podcasts next week, and resume our regularly scheduled programing on Monday. Also see the posts from our Interbike feature blog.
I paused for a long-time at the Brooks booth to look at the most expensive basket ever made and it’s based on a 100-yr old design from Mr. Brooks himself. Also see the Brooks waxed-canvas messenger bag.
- Crumpler’s booth was packed at all times – we tried to hookup with them and hopefully we will. Giving Crumpler a run, are the Knog naked people bags.
- The Magic Bus from Clifbar – Clif launched the 2milechallenge and invited us for a tour (podcast to follow).
- Dahon’s booth – I always found my way back to talk with Dahon about Urban mobility.
- Skins – Gradient Compression performance equipment: watch for a review.
- Boosta Shot – our Hugga Hookup sponsor was very popular during the Crit Championships.
- Hed Jet 60 C2 – Hed got us one of 2 pair in existence and Mike raced them in the crit and rode them to Red Rock Canyon.
- Hincapie Sportswear – the hugga kits were a hit and easily spotted during the Industry Cup.
Cycling in Vegas
I rode all over Vegas (podcasts to follow) and noticed the smut-by-bike delivery squad. This worker cleaned the vending machines and stocked them with more smut. He’s one of the thousands of working-class people that get their work done with bikes in Vegas.
There’s also a vibrant road and mtn scene with spectacular routes and a bike expressway.