We could post for a month about Interbike 07, the Industry Cup, and the Hugga Hookup, but I’ll highlight a few topics, produce several podcasts next week, and resume our regularly scheduled programing on Monday. Also see the posts from our Interbike feature blog.
While much of Interbike was the same this year, Urban Bikes were the overall theme with a big presence from Batavus, Dahon, and bikes finally shipping with Alfine, like the glorious Sycip.
I paused for a long-time at the Brooks booth to look at the most expensive basket ever made and it’s based on a 100-yr old design from Mr. Brooks himself. Also see the Brooks waxed-canvas messenger bag.
- Crumpler’s booth was packed at all times – we tried to hookup with them and hopefully we will. Giving Crumpler a run, are the Knog naked people bags.
- The Magic Bus from Clifbar – Clif launched the 2milechallenge and invited us for a tour (podcast to follow).
- Dahon’s booth – I always found my way back to talk with Dahon about Urban mobility.
- Skins – Gradient Compression performance equipment: watch for a review.
- Boosta Shot – our Hugga Hookup sponsor was very popular during the Crit Championships.
- Hed Jet 60 C2 – Hed got us one of 2 pair in existence and Mike raced them in the crit and rode them to Red Rock Canyon.
- Hincapie Sportswear – the hugga kits were a hit and easily spotted during the Industry Cup.
Cycling in Vegas
I rode all over Vegas (podcasts to follow) and noticed the smut-by-bike delivery squad. This worker cleaned the vending machines and stocked them with more smut. He’s one of the thousands of working-class people that get their work done with bikes in Vegas.
There’s also a vibrant road and mtn scene with spectacular routes and a bike expressway.
We're riding townies, adventure, and mountain bikes. Find recommendations on our store page. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.