What We’re Giving Away
Following the Mobile Social @ Webvisions, we’re giving away even more schwag via Twitter. Check how we’re doing it on the Twitter Giveaway details page. All you have to do is follow us on Twitter, tweet us, and pick up your prize if you win.
- So what’s a Mobile Social Event?
- It’s an intersection of bikes, technology, and culture – we ride, talk bikes, party, and giveaway schwag.
- Twitter Giveaway? Huh?
- Yep. We’re giving away schwag from our sponsors during Webvisions. Just tweet us for the chance to win. There’s no catch, spam, or weirdness.
- What’s the catch?
- If there is one, we haven’t thought of it yet. But check back.
- What’s this Twitter thing you speak of?
- It’s a messaging application where you tell all your brohams what you’re doing all the time. It’s a terrific time suck.
How to Follow Us on Twitter
The instructions and how to with visual aids are on the Twitter Giveaway Details page.
From the Necessity is the Mother of Invention category, comes the Neodymics self-contained, powered-wheel conversion kit. With gas prices raising and increasing interest in electric bikes, I expect to see more entrepreneurs and inventors developing their own take on powering bikes. Using Dewalt power tool batteries is practical and even thinking of just popping off a non-powered wheel for a powered one is an interesting approach. It also looks like something that fell off a moon-lander or was once connected to a Cyborg …
Webvisions–Portland, OR–May 22 & 23
Sponsored by Ibex
Ibex, Crumpler et al have given us a bunch of schwag to give away at Webvisions, so here’s how we’re doing it:
Follow us on Twitter. When you’ve received word back from us (via Twitter) that we’re following you, send us a direct tweet with the words “webvisions firstname.lastname@example.org” in it. (If you don’t know how to do this, see below.)
That’s it. You’re in. Then during Webvisions on May 22 and 23, we’ll randomly select winners throughout each day. When we pick a name, we’ll send it out through Twitter with instructions for collecting the schwag. If you’re the winner, follow the instructions and it’s all yours. But, if you don’t follow the instructions, you’ll be out of luck. (Don’t worry–nothing weird. The instructions will be who won, what they won, and a time and place to pick up the prize.)
How to Follow Us on Twitter
- Go to Twitter. If you don’t have an account, create one. (Read more »)
- Now go to http://twitter.com/bikehugger and click Follow.
- To get updates via SMS, turn device updates on (click on “Devices Updates” and then “On”). Make sure you’ve given Twitter a device to send them to. This is usually the fastest way to receive Twitter updates.
- Once we see you following us, we’ll reciprocate and send you a direct message to let you know. Once you receive it, go to the Twitter homepage and, in the what are you doing? box, type:
d bikehugger webvisions email@example.com
We’re using your email address to verify your identity but we’ll probably share it with our sponsors. If you don’t want us to do that, add the words no email to your entry Tweet. I.e., d bikehugger webvisions firstname.lastname@example.org no email. Anyone can enter, but they must follow the instructions for entering the contest and collecting the prize.
Note we’re not spammers.
More at the Mobile Social
Learn more about the Twitter Giveaway during our Mobile Social event the day before Webvisions. Mobile Socials are an intersection of bikes, technology, and culture. They include an urban ride, reception, and schwag.