Our stay at Hotel Moli del Mig near Girona Spain was more than we expected. From the friendly staff, roads, food and modernist remodel, it’s a new destination for cyclists and only a few had ridden the roads. It was also how we’d approach a cyclo-tourism hotel, nearly exactly. Notes
- Open less than a year, the “middle mill” was restored from a 400 yr old water mill.
- Cycle tourism is new to the area – treking has been around and actively promoted by the tourism board.
- From the lighting to the background music. furnishings, and more, much attention to “modernists” details occured in the renovation.
- Welcoming people, roads, and almost no one here – it’s off season and about 70 degrees.
- Most people spoke some english and we’re happy to accommodate us with our phrase book in hand. The language here is Catalan, but they also speak Spanish.