The Team Bike Hugger blog prompted questions from readers as to what it takes to start road racing. I hope this inspires at least a few of you to get out there and experience the thrill of racing first-hand. Here is my take on the fundamentals of racing:
- Anyone can race. You can be a successful racer.
- Racing isn’t rocket science. The rules are simple, many are common-sense.
- You do not need to train like a pro or be a talented athlete (aka a freak of nature) to begin racing.
- You must be passionate about riding your bike.
- Racing is addictive. After you race once, the habit is usually formed and very difficult to break.