- Thursday, March 6th – Arrive in Austin and build a fleet of bikes!
- Friday March 7th – Road ride in the morning, hang out in the Create tent, then more rides to food trucks after the 2014 Unofficial SXSWi Mobile Meetup.
- Saturday March 8th – We’re in our space with Nokia and then a series of talks starting at 11:00 AM. Rides to parties
- Sunday, March 9th – Ride in the morning, in our space with Nokia, and then the Mobile Social at 12:30 with a Rapha Reception.
There’s so much going on at SXSW this year, we’ve collected what we’re doing onto one page. We’re riding, talking, and hanging out in the Create tent with the Makers, Hackers and DIYers.
We’ll ride daily after we arrive in Austin. Follow us on Twitter for announcements about meet spots, routes, and times. Expect morning rides out of the city and evening rides to food trucks.
On Sunday, March 9th at 12:30 PM meet for the annual Mobile Social SXSW. We’ll ride from the space where the bike and tech meet in the Create tent to scenic locations around Austin. Then back for a Rapha reception with beer, apps, and marvelous talks from Jeremy Dunn and Pei Ketron about the photos taken during the ride from mobile photographers.
The ride is free and open to the public. The pace is social and all cyclists are welcome, any bike will work, there are no hills, and just fun. Here’s the route, more details. Meet on the lawn outside the Create Tent in The Long Center at 12:30. You’ll find us where the SYCONS DJs of the Sun are mixing music.
On Saturday, March 8th starting at 11:00 AM Byron will lead a set of talks about wearables, bike tech, and mobile photography. Joining him in the The Industry Attic at West Pincer Terrace are Myriam Joire, Dan Rubin, Jason Harris, and David Schloss.
- 11:00 am – Bike Meets Tech for Adventure
- 11:40 Q/A with Byron and Schloss
- 12:30 pm - Wearables and Context
- 1:20 Q/A with Myriam
- 2:00 pm - Makers Meet Mobile Photography
- 2:40 Q/A with Dan, Byron, Jason, Schloss
See all the Create events on SXSW’s schedule.
Nokia + Bike Hugger Space
In the Nokia + Bike Hugger space in the Create tent find giveaways and the latest Lumia devices that make amazing photos & videos on and off the bike. Lumia lets you see more at SXSW and our space is where participants in the free bike and a phone promotion will pick up their Tern and Nokia.
Joining us on the lawn in front of the Create tent at the Sycons. Their performance will incorporate solar-powered DJing, the solar-powered GuitarMoogSynth, and the amazing solar-powered Gee-theremin (guitar theremin hybrid). Beats from rays by Solar Dub Rustlers.
At Create, in the space where bikes and tech meet, we’ll greet filmmakers, city planners, and advocates. After that we’ll ride to watch the world premier of the film Bikes vs. Cars at Republic Square Park.
The Create Space at the Long Center
SXSW Attendees, Austin locals, cyclists