The Tour every 2 hours2
by Byron on Jul 05, 2006 at 4:46 PM
Man, I just dig being able to turn on OLN and see the Tour every 2 hours. I’ll even watch a stage a few times, to catch something I missed, or just relish in the coverage, realizing I won’t see it again for another year. Seeing those marvelous graphical maps, I forgive OLN for gutting the Giro and Vuelta coverage. A few notes on this year’s coverage
- Great to see OLN’s graphics, studio, and talent reaching ESPN 2 levels of quality
- Trautwig seems less annoying, I even chuckled at two of his quips
- Phil is not messing up all the names like he was earlier in the year
- Paul always seems like he’s having a really good time
- Does Bobke scare the casual viewer?
Considering that we’ll see the same commercials 10 million times before the end of the tour, I already can’t stand that Flowmax one. Flowmax should be the name of a carburetor and sorry, but guys are just never that happy together, in a convertible, hair blowing in their faces, singing hits from the 80s, happy that their piss flows. I also don’t care if Saab was born from jet engineers because none of them are around anymore, Saab is a division of GM (not Boeing), and Subaru makes some of their cars.
I love those Michelob commercials and think that if they can put an SRM on a bike and transmit the data that they could put a camera on a bike and capture a sprint from a rider’s view.