With a few Bike Hugger friends in Taiwan for business, I found Shut up and Drink the Kool-Aid’s post about the factory that manufactures Masi particularly interesting.
A reader altered us to the attack on cyclists and Bike Portland has posted about it. “Two cyclists said they were attacked by three teenagers near a north Portland bus stop on Wednesday. “
Reading about chasing an owl on Bike Seattle, I remembered the animal encounters I’ve had on my bike
- Rode through the middle of a cow carcass during the Tour of Willamette
- Watched a crow fly through legendary mechanic Eamon Stanley’s rear wheel during our legendary ride to Snoqualmie Pass
- Avoided the squirrel that jumped up onto a fender, off a shoulder, and the back of my fellow riders
- Stopped to inspect a road kill badger (very cautiously cause badgers are mean)
- Seen enough dead possums to conclude they are the stupidest animal
- Rode over a seagull on Alki, felt really bad for about 32 seconds, until realizing there’s no shortage of seagulls (I also never liked that Jonathon Livingston Seagull novella)
- Slowed way down and rode really cautiously past a small moose during our tour of South East Alaska (a small moose means a big moose is nearby)
Win the best custom bike ever ever at the Handmade Bicycle Show being staged in San Jose, USA, in March. Nine legendary bike builders are collaborating on the one-of-kind bike and raffling it off. Given that’s 9 builders instead of one, I have to wonder if it’ll turn into a Monster Garage like mistake or work of combined genius?
My all-time fav custom bike is a Davidson. What’s yours?
Thanks to BikeBiz for the story.