Interbike - some people loath it, some love it. Regardless, consensus is that Brook Watts puts on a great race and has made CrossVegas one of the highlights of the week.
Todd Wells crashes into first step, Tim Johnson nearly runs him over
For us racer-types, getting your hands in the drops comfortably without hitting our forearms is a bit of a problem with a lot of bars - especially when you are really pulling on them in a sprint. Some guys (including old favorite Marcel Wust) would run track bend bars on road bikes to make that position more comfortable. Zipp looks like they have an offering that solves for that without sacrificing the “tops” position. Looks pretty cool.
For our first Ignite Bikes, we’ve got quite a line up of speakers and presentations, including:
- Livestrong Challenge – Chris Brewer, Livestrong
- Path to Better Biking – Tim Blumenthal, People for Bikes
- Lifetime of Cycling – Steve Gluckman, REI
- Economic Myths of Building for Bicycles – David Lowe-Rogstad, Substance
- Materials, Design, and Sustainability – Nona Varnado
- Cocktail Parties – Jason Swihart, Mellow Clutter
Intermission: Leaving Las Vegas
- Beyond the Bubble – Amy Walker, Momentum
- Awesomeness – Byron, Bike Hugger
- Unknown Preso from Mystery Speaker – Beta Brand
- What Cyclists Want – Paul Harris, Urbana
- How to Be a Bike Company on the Internet – Matt Haughey, Metafilter
- Mobile Apps for Bikes – David Schloss, Bike Hugger
- The Revolution of Small – Brad Smith, Webvisions
- Dude, Where’s my Car? Jessica Meek, Globe BIkes
See you at 4:30 PM, 9/23 this Thursday at the Interbike Media Center. We will record and share the presenations with you after the show.